Vet Fest is a free event for all active duty, retired, or military veteran families. Veterans can enjoy a day of camaraderie while learning about a wide variety of veteran specific resources. This is event is family orientated and veteran’s family members can enjoy food, bounce houses, live music, giveaways, and more. All veterans in attendance are also eligible to win a wide variety of prizes.
Vet Fest | Roscommon County will take place on Saturday, August 27th from 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM at the Richfield Township Park (located at: 10405 E. Airport Rd, St. Helen, MI 48656).
Registration is required for free entry, and you will be asked to show your military id (Department of Defense Identification Card, Health Identification Card, Veteran ID Card, or veteran designation on a state-issued driver’s license) at check-in.
Vet Fest will feature:
• Live Bands: Dually Noted and Billy Gunther & The Midwest Riders
• Kids Zone (featuring bounce houses and other kids activities)
• Military, EMS, Fire, and Police vehicles on display
• Celebrity appearances
• Food trucks providing complimentary food and beverages
• Prizes (awarded to active duty and veterans in attendance)
• Veteran specific resource providers on site to help answer questions
• Everything at Vet Fest is completely free of charge for veteran families. The only items for purchase at the event are t-shirts made by Nine Line Apparel and alcoholic beverages (for those 21 and older with a valid ID). Cash, Venmo, and PayPal are accepted methods of payment.
• Please leave your pets at home. Only certified service dogs will be allowed at Vet Fest. Service dogs will be working, and we ask that you please do not distract them with pets or untrained support dogs. Please also advise your children not to pet these working dogs.
• Strollers are welcome at the event. We just ask that you be courteous near the resource tables so that others can walk freely by you.
• Parking is available free of charge. If a handicap spot is needed, please show permit to one of the parking volunteers and they will assist you on where to park.
• Prizes will only be awarded to active duty soldiers and veterans in attendance. You may be asked to provide proof of service before being awarded highly valued prizes.